Friday, April 16, 2010

Today Is Yours!

Isn't it something when you think about how today was made just for you? When you get out of bed you are stepping into a new day that was already planned specifically for you. Every morning before I get out of bed, I recite Psalm 118:24, "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it." I purposely say this before my feet hit the floor. It's my way of telling God that before I take one step into this new day I am acknowledging that it's by His grace I am here to see another morning He made, and that no matter what happens to me today, He's got me - there's no need to fear or worry.

We were all created for a reason and have a purpose. Every day is a new day to be an encouragement and a blessing to someone else. I love to look for those opportunities. If you noticed, I said I have to look. Opportunities like that don't always jump out at you, so sometimes you have to look on purpose. I know the busyness of life can certainly take our focus off of what's going on around us, but I think it's sad when we just go on day by day not realizing that each day is a gift. I don't want to look back at the days that have gone by and say that I was just busy. I want to remember the "on purpose" opportunities that made a difference in someone else's life. The busyness of life will eventually fade away, but the difference made in someone else's life is forever. In addition to helping and showing love to others, each new day is a brand new start for you to forget the past and move on into a new beginning. Don't beat yourself up when you feel like your day went wrong. We all have those days. Maybe you made the wrong choice or said something you shouldn't have. The best way to get over that is to admit what you've done, ask for forgiveness, take your mind off yourself and go be a blessing. In Lamentations 3:22-23 the Bible tells us how God's great love and compassions are new every morning. I don't know about you, but I am sure glad that it is!

Enjoy YOUR day everyone and remember to always walk in love and speak in peace.

Love,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment