Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day Mom!

It's that time of year again when Mom's get their own special day! I love the cards, flowers, and best of all the hugs and kisses I get from the two men in my life. It's such a blessing to hear them thank me for the way I take care of them, the house, the animals, and so on because I am one the who feels thankful everyday when I get to see their smiles at the dinner table, or when we are at a baseball game relaxing with one another. Simply put - I love being in their world!

The other part of Mother's Day that is a favorite of mine is showing appreciation to my Mom. When I think back, there are countless times that she gave me her best without hesitation. As I go through different stages of life with my own family, I begin to understand the sacrifices that we as Mom's make, yet to us it's always worth it.

One of the best memories I have of my Mom is taking the time to read scripture to me. I remember around the age of 8 yrs. old sitting on her lap as she taught me and my brother, John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." This was just one of many good seeds she has sown into my life. Thank you doesn't seem like enough, but I know how much it means when we as Mom's hear our children say it, so thank you Mom. Thank you for leading me, guiding me, teaching me, and loving me. Happy Mother's Day with all my love.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mom's reading this as well! Have a great day everyone and remember to walk in love and speak in peace.

Love,
Anita

2 comments:

  1. What a nice, thoughtful thing to get on Mother's Day. I would do it all over again. What a joy to have you as a daughter, and to know we are still growing and enjoying so much time together.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Anita. As we become mothers ourselves, it's easy to forget our own moms. I can see you still love your mom as a daughter should, even though you are a mom yourself. Hope you had a great mother's day. Deb

    ReplyDelete