Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Have A Teenager!


13 years ago Kevin and I witnessed a miracle. Dalton Joseph Southam was born on March 24, 1998 at 3:06 a.m. I will not ever forget the thought that kept running through my mind which was, "In this world, I have a son." Even though I was well aware I was pregnant and already a Mom, seeing him for the first time filled me with emotions that are hard to describe. I knew that I would love him no matter what, and guard him with my life. It is so amazing to watch him growing up.

I know this is hard to believe, but he looked like me when he was first born, though that very quickly went away! As you can see in the photo, he is a splitting image of his Dad and still is today. I feel very blessed that I was able to be a stay at home mom with him, but yet I get a little freaked out sometimes when I think back and can't remember everyday we spent together. I can still hear my Mom telling me how fast the time goes and thinking to myself, yeah right. But it's true! It seems like it was only a minute ago he was calling me mommy, then mom, and now I'm mom-o! Even if I can't remember every single day, I know that I have enjoyed every stage with him.

When Dalton was almost two, friends would warn me of "the terrible two's" and now I hear them talk about the "not so fun" teenage years. I don't pay any attention to that. I am happy to say that Dalton did not have "the terrible two's", plus I am not worrying about raising a teenager. Kevin and I have and continue to do our best to sow good seeds in his life. We continually thank God for the wisdom He has given to us already in parenting, and pray for Him to keep pouring it upon us. I have always remembered Proverbs 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." We may not be perfect, but I know God is faithful to His word and as we do the best we can to raise Dalton with Godly principles, I know He will do the rest.

Happy Birthday Day Dalton! Mom-O loves you lots and lots!!

Have a great day everyone and remember to walk in love and speak in peace.

Love,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment