Saturday, January 1, 2011

His Mercy Is New Everyday!

As 2010 ends I, like every year, start to think of resolutions I want to make. For many years my resolutions would always start with me reflecting on the past year, and thinking about the things that I should have done, or could have done better, and then telling myself that this year will be the year for a new beginning. I would hear the old cliche, "New Year, New You" and it made me somehow feel better about starting new, as if I now had permission to forgive myself for wrong choices, and even to let go of past offenses. In fact, I actually hear this same resolution of starting new from many people, and while I think it's great to make resolutions and set goals for yourself as I myself still do, I believe it's important for us to remember that we as God's children, have the freedom to begin new everyday. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." How awesome to know that God loves us enough to give us His gift of mercy every morning, and that our new beginnings are not dependent upon a new year!

As you make your resolutions, don't be discouraged as I have already, when you slip up and make a mistake. God knows our hearts, and He is fully aware that we need His mercy daily, or else He wouldn't have made the verse in Lamentations known to us.

I would love to hear your resolutions! Please feel free to share them by commenting below. Happy New Year everyone, and remember to walk in love and speak in peace!

Love,
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment