Friday, December 24, 2010

For Unto Us A Child Is Born

I absolutely love Christmas! It is by far my favorite holiday because this day is when our Savior came into the world and gave us hope. There is something so special about the feeling of Christmas that no one, whether Christian or not, can deny. People seem noticeably kinder, happier and more generous around this time of the year than any other, and whether they know it or not, they are showing the heart of Jesus. I know there are some who let the busyness of Christmas get to them, and I myself have been guilty of that, but I made it a point this year to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas. While I do love shopping and wrapping presents, I know the gift we received when Jesus was born outweighs anything we will ever open up on Christmas morning.

To fully understand the love God had, and still has, for us to send His Son into this world for you and me is beyond my comprehension. In Philippians 2:6-8 the Bible says, "Who(Jesus), being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped (used to His own advantage), but made Himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!" It's very clear here that Jesus began sacrificing for us before His crucifixion. This to me, is what Christmas is all about - God showing His love to the world by giving us a Savior.

As you continue to enjoy the Christmas season, let's not forget that sharing the good news of Jesus is something we can give to others everyday. Merry Christmas everyone and remember to walk in love and speak in peace.

Love,
Anita

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Anita! Like always, your blog is "just what I needed"! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good one, Anita once again, and your right the gift of Jesus is the best gift for anyone to spread around...the best part about it is that even if we are flat broke we can be rich with the love of Jesus...

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete